Friday, June 27, 2008

Skinny Horse #2

Here, I see a horse that is moderately underweight.

I see a flat but not sunken rump, prominent withers (not a good indication of anything except just that ... a horse in any condition can have high withers) and the beginning of visible ribs.



The hip does not appear to jut out and I'd like to see more meat on her shoulder/elbow, but I'm not ready to call the brute squad.

Apparently, others see starved and neglected:

"Unfortunately I am afraid as low scale as she is, she probably won't be around much longer. It is a shame that folks don't see anything wrong with how she looks. Maybe if we withheld proper nutrition from them they would get the point."

"Poor mare."

"... would love to see this poor girl get out of a bad situation that it appears she is in."

I'd like to see her sold to a good home and put on 50-100 lbs. but I don't see reason to send out a lynch mob or midnight trailer run.

I particularly object to the notion of causing harm to fellow humans simply because you don't agree with them. That is the animal rights extremist philosophy that brought so many death threats to myself and my family.

1 comment:

MommyOntheEdge said...

I would agree that she is 50 - 100 pounds under weight. I think if she were mine and looking this way I would be asking for advice from trusted peers and vets about how to bring her back. Tho I agree, some of the quotes are rediculous, just bitching and no helping, doesn't do anyone any good.